First Blogiversary

So the blog turned one last month.

And lost in the flurry of tests, events and commitments, I did not get the time to sit back and celebrate.

It still hasn't sunk in that my labor of love has turned one.

It was an eventful year of late nights, much brainstorming and erratic posts.

But it was also a year of experiencing blogger's high, wide smiles and lit-up faces.

I had not imagined that a person like me, who has major problems when it comes to sustaining through most demanding activities ( I had a failed attempt at writing a novel and quit karate soon after starting and let us not even talk about that morning jog) would be able to continue blogging for a year (and more).

So, in a way the blogiversary is also a milestone of overcoming a personal flaw, which makes it all the more special.

I would like to thank all my readers and friends for the overwhelming response which is a bazillion times bigger than my expectations.

A big shout out to my parents for being my constant pillar of support (who did not mind my absence at the dinner table sometimes and listened to my occasional complaints with a straight face).

And a big hug to my dearest chum Akanksha for being my biggest critic and corrector. You're a star!

I had wanted to celebrate with a grand cake but due to the treacherous weather (100 degrees and 70% humidity) and less time to bake than what I would like (exams approaching), my plans never saw the light of day.

For now, I am content dreaming about this cake, which I think would be just right to celebrate WBT's first birthday, no?

Raising a toast to first year of blogging and the many more years to come!

Adios

XOXO




Comments

Popular Posts