Of Half-Read Books & Overwhelming Happiness


Monsoon is in full swing, college is in full swing, life is in full swing.
Though my happiness high may been watered down by the incessant downpour these days, there is enough in life for me to be overjoyed to the point of hysteria.

Books for instance.
My reading style may have underwent a change, but boy, my love for books hasn't. So, that means I will still spend a bulk of college allowance on fat tomes of fiction non-fiction travel philosophy war history and everything in between (though not so much on romance).

Currently I am trying to juggle between five books and let me tell you, for someone who never (emphasis on never) picked up a new book before finishing the one at hand, this is huge.
It is massive. Life-changing, even.

I am the super-woman with several pairs of hands, flipping through Travels With Charley before butting my head into a bit of O. Henry. When I have had enough of short stories and romantic road trips, there is nothing like re-reading On The Road for a palate-cleanser. When recreational reading seems a little too much, there are always Noam Chomsky and George Orwell I can fall back on. Classics never disappoint now, do they?

The other pick-me-up is a no-brainer, really.
I mean how can shawarmas dripping with joy dosas crispy with cheeriness steaming hot fries dunked in cheese and doused in delight not make someone swoon? The chocolate doughnuts and gooey brownies are of great help too, as are the continuous plates of good ol' maggi and never-ending cups of cold coffee. An exclusive appreciation letter for food's constant presence and support in my life is in order.

The fact that I am in a new city for the first time in my eighteen years of existence doesn't hurt either. It's not just a new city, for the romantic traveller in me, it's new streets lying in wait to be explored, nooks and crannies calling out to me to make them my own, whole-in-the-walls waiting to be wrapped in familiarity and memories. It's a city laying bare its history and colours for me to see, drink in every detail and brand all of it on the crevices of my puny brain.

I'm very, very happy indeed.

Throw in some good company, piling laundry and approaching exams, and bam you have a winner.

Giddy with happiness.

Over-the-moon.

ah, the world awaits.











Comments

Popular Posts